Thursday, November 18, 2010

Movies To See-November 19th

Moving right along in the month of November, this week's movie releases are divided into two sections: 1) Harry Potter fanatics and 2) Non-Harry Potter fanatics. If you must know, I am actually a Harry Potter fanatic. I haven't read the books though, although I plan on doing it. The movies is where I was sold onto the Harry Potter story when I took my younger brother to see the third movie, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and I've been a fan since. But I digress, this week I shall present to you "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as well as the latest from Russell Crowe since "Robin Hood" and my weekly Honorable Mention coming from Nigel Cole (Calendar Girls) which is sure to be a low-key hit despite the limited release.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1



If you like Harry Potter? Go see it. If you don't like Harry Potter? Go see the first 5 movies and then see this one. And yes, this is my preview for "Deathly Hallows" since I'm sure half of the world has already seen it by now despite it being mid-day Friday at this time. Now, moving on to other films that you may enjoy.

The Next Three Days



Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks star as a married couple in the French remake drama/suspense thriller "Por Elle" (For Her in English) titled "The Next Three Days". I have never seen the original, but based off the trailer and various other reviews it looks like a good enough film to please the non-Harry Potter fanatics. Banks's character is convicted and found guilty of murder and sentenced to jail for 20 to life. With her mental state deteriorating and being hospitalized for attempted suicide, Crowe's character embarks on a mission to break his wife out of jail with the guidance of Liam Neeson who's character has broken out of a prison. The trailer leaves you with enough suspense as if a regular Joe such as Crowe can pull off such a daring feat.

Honorable Mention

Made in Dagenham



"Made In Dagenham" is based on the 1968 strike at the Ford Dagenham car plant, where female workers walked out in protest against sexual discrimination. Led by actress Sally Hawkins as Rita O'Grady, this historic moment in Women's History jump started the Equal Pay Act in 1970. As I said earlier, despite it's limited release I'm certain this movie will still gain critical praise if not fan wise. I still think it's a great film to view and a nice realistic getaway from the action packed, 3-D filled 2010 year in film we've had.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's going to be a pretty good action movie if Liam Neeson is involved. He kicked butt in Taken.
    I'll eventually get to a theater to see the new Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete