Monday, October 4, 2010

Movies To See-October 8th

Life As We Know It



Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel play two single adults that dated, well had only ONE disastrous date together in the past that was set up by mutual friends. Unfortunately, the two friends end up passing away and left their baby girl in the care of their godparents to raise them in case something were to actually happen to them. Guess who those lucky godparents are? I dig the concept, even though the movie's plot and ending seem obvious, it's about how they got there. Let's hope that Heigl and Duhamel can deliver and make it believable that they can make it not only as a couple, but as a family.

It's Kind Of A Funny Story



A clinically depressed teen played by Keir Gilchrist is admitted into a psychiatric hospital and is befriended by two patients Zack Galifianakis and Emma Roberts. This is a movie that I know I'm going to be seeing personally and I think a lot of young depressed teens and adults should also see. Despite the content, it comes off like a feel good movie so you shouldn't be too depressed while watching it and enjoy a few laughs. It's a daring idea to try and capture on film, let alone write, so I'm intrigued on how this is going to play out. Especially with Galfianakis playing in his most not-so-serious-but-serious role yet.

My Soul To Take



Wes Craven returns to his directing chair to bring us My Soul To Take which is about a serial killer who terrorized a town and was thought to be given the "Death Row Treatment" to come back and kill again...allegedly reincarnated as one of the seven children in the town. The only reason why I put this in here is because it's Wes Craven. As some of you know, I really don't care much for horror flicks but I am a Wes Craven fan, go figure. So I'm hoping his return will make this movie interesting. My only gripe? It's in 3-D. -_______-

Honorable Mention:

Stone



Edward Norton plays Stone who is a convicted arsonist looking to get out early on parole but is held up by parole officer played by Robert DeNiro. He then turns to his wife, Milla Jovovich, to seduce the P.O. as a way to get his early parole. Watching the trailer, it puts me in the mind of U-Turn starring Jennifer Lopez for some reason. The trio of DeNiro, Norton, and Jovovich could be just enough to gain some viewers and be a sleeper despite how mundane the plot. Plus Norton has cornrows. Yes, you read and I'm sure saw that already. Just wanted to point that out again.

I Spit On Your Grave



A female writer retreats to her cabin to get some peace and quiet is brutally interrupted by a group of men who attack her and leave her for dead. Too bad for the men because she actually lives and seeks out these same group of men to exact her revenge upon them for their attack. This movie is actually a remake which was then titled "Day Of The Woman" but received a limited release due to is gruesome content. Word on the street is this latest version is a bit more tame but still gruesome enough to also only have a limited release. I think I'll be personally checking this one through Netflix as well as the original to see what was all the fuss about.

No comments:

Post a Comment