Wednesday, July 7, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 7, An Ex

This was an actual letter I wrote my ex-girlfriend sometime early this year, the last girl I seriously dated. And yes, I did send this to her. We dated for a little over a year, not that it's really relevant. But I just decided to use this one since it was an actual letter I wrote and not something I made up, it luckily was still in my Facebook sent box so I just copied and pasted it word for word.


Dear ______,

Hey, it's been a while and I was thinking about you and wondering how you've been. Mainly I've been feeling guilty about something and I wanted to sincerely apologize for it. I remember us talking after a date, I think it was Olive Garden and you were telling me how when you get involved with guys, they usually leave you and you never hear from them again. Well, I wanted to say sorry for being another statistic to that category. I've been feeling bad about it for quite sometime and just never knew how to really say sorry or explain what I was going through and why I left you the way I did. I was just going through a very difficult time and I had to get away for a while. Well I'm back, but I'm not asking for us to try and start where we left off nor am I even asking you to talk to me or see me. This is just an apology for how I mistreated you towards the end of our relationship by pushing you away, I totally mishandled the situation and I know you deserved better than that. I hope everything is going well for you, take care.

Chauncey

1 comment: