Monday, July 5, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 5, My Dreams

Dear Dreams,

There's many definitions of the word "dream". It could be meant as a succession of images while sleeping or awake. It can also be used as a specific goal or aspiration you want to achieve. Or even to describe something as unreal, that it can only be viewed in your dreams but yet it becomes a reality itself. What I have to say to my dreams is thank you for giving me a reason to keep living, to keep aspiring to be a better person. I know I've doubted you in the past and even sometimes gave up on you and you were always there for me with open arms when I wanted an escape from reality. But now is the time for us to say goodbye. Only because I'm tired of dreaming, and I'm working on making you into a reality. It's going to take some hard work and discipline, two things I never exactly had but I'm willing to sacrifice whatever I have to in order to make you come true. You deserve to be able to see yourself as I envision you in the form of my first finished full-length movie script, a Golden globe, an Oscar, my own home, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, traveling to foreign countries, and most importantly a better me. We'll meet again someday, but for now this is goodbye.

Your creator,

Chauncey

2 comments: