Sunday, July 4, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 4, My sibling (or closest relative)

Dear Brother,

I really don't know where to begin with this, so I'm gonna be all over the place and freeball with what I want to say. Basically, you have every opportunity to be whatever it is you want to be, but yet it seems like you aren't tapping into your full potential. You kind of coast on by with life, and not taking any real initiative to make moves to put you in a better position. At least I'm not seeing them, maybe you are working behind the scenes and moving the pieces yourself. Maybe you're still trying to figure your own self out before revealing any of your plans. You're young, and I understand I was there too. But that's why I feel a bit of concern because I don't want you to go down the same path that I did. I want your road to be an easier road traveled. In short, I don't want you to be like me. I'm just now making my turn around the positive bend that has taken me YEARS to barely get back to because of decisions I've made and it looks as if you're going to travel down the same road I once went. Don't do what I did and try and take on the world by yourself, especially when you have people to help you like me. The world doesn't care how strong you THINK you are. All the ego in the world can't take on what fate has in store for you. Even Superman needed help and you are far from a superhero. But combined with the help of your loved ones you can be super. Cliche, yes. That's what makes it true. And this is my letter to you. I want you to be great. Greater than your wildest dreams at whatever it is that you end up choosing to do. As long as its something positive and also lucrative to some degree...sans drug lord over the Central Florida area. Or any area. Basically stay away from that shit.

Your brother,

Chauncey

No comments:

Post a Comment