Sunday, July 25, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 14, Someone You've Drifted Away From

Dear Gainesville Family,

I chose you as people I've drifted away from because we haven't spent anytime together since I moved 2 years ago, aside from my recent vacation. Even then, I wasn't able to really be with you guys. Just bad timing I guess. We just share a common reason that's hard for us to overcome that caused us to slowly drift away from each other, let alone the distance, but I was able to finally make time. It's not going to get any easier as time passes along so I suggest we make it happen and start making more trips to see each other. It's a tough situation but the longer we wait, the harder it's going to be. There's no need for special occasions and family reunions just to see each other. We can take a weekend off and go somewhere. It can be done, no more excuses. This is something we can and all need to do. So this letter is more so an open invitation, and coming at a perfect time since we actually do have a family reunion coming up so we can discuss this more there. The breakdown in communication stops now, let's work on building it up again and making it stronger than before.

Your grandson, nephew, cousin, godson,

Chauncey

No comments:

Post a Comment