Tuesday, July 20, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 12, The person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain

Dear Person That Doesn't Exist,

I was going to skip this letter entirely, but I decided to go ahead and write something to you. The reason I'm not referring to you by name is because you indeed do not exist to me. You may have at one point, but I've just forgotten who you are or why I even hated you in the first place. I say this because I don't "hate" anyone no matter what kind of pain they have caused me. Hating someone is not a state of mind like happiness or sadness, it's a state of being. Just like being in love with someone requires efforts that go beyond measure, and quite frankly I don't have the time nor energy to waste to spend hating someone. I don't hate on individuals who have crossed me, I downgrade them or just dismiss them altogether. As I said, hating someone requires way too much energy and time to spend, just like when you're loving someone. If you're going to invest time and energy in something might as well make it something positive. All the hate that I have for this unknown person is just going to be nothing but love for someone that deserves my time, whenever that person comes. And what's funny is...they are also a person that doesn't exist. Yet at least.

Chauncey

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete