Monday, July 12, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 10, Someone I Don't Talk To As Much

Dear Noelle, Devin, and Travis,

You three were the first real friends I made when you guys moved down from New York to Deltona, and the only black people in our neighborhood for a while lol so it was natural for us to become friends. We had some pretty fun times together from the birthday parties (remember my 8th birthday w/ the clown and my 21st w/ the shot of Hennessey I took and almost threw up) to the school dances w/ Noelle, Devin being the neighborhood Mix CD burning king charging cats $5/CD making his side hustle, and I remember Travis playing a part in showing me how to ride a bike w/o the training wheels. I was a late bloomer, didn't really learn until I was 6 or 7. As time passed we started drifting a part, especially with Devin having the baby and Noelle getting married and having a kid of her own. I know you guys still keep in touch, because you're family. But I also felt part of that family and that's why it sucks that we don't really talk and hang out as much as we used to. It's the way of life, we grow older and start our own lives and thus we grow apart in some capacity. It's nice to know you guys are only a phone call or text or even a facebook comment away lol. But it would be nice if in the near future we could all link up, go out for some drinks and catch up. I miss you guys (no homo to Devin and Travis) as well as the rest of the family.

Your "brother",

Chauncey.

No comments:

Post a Comment