Thursday, July 1, 2010

30 Letters In 30 Days-Day 1, My Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

I just want to start off by saying this was really hard to decide on who I was going to write this letter to because I'm blessed to have not one best friend, but several and they know who they all are. I'm thankful for having the friends that I have and I thank them from time to time for that. So after much debate, I'm choosing to write you this letter because you deserve the recognition that no one ever gives you. I've never really called you my best friend, probably because you're family but I want to let you know you really are. We've known each other all our lives, literally, and I have the baby pictures to prove it lol. We've done so much together but yet have so much more to accomplish. I think it's safe to say you know me better than anyone else does, maybe even better than myself. Could it be due to us coming from the same blood and essentially having similar DNA? Maybe, but that's what makes our bond even tighter. You have honestly been there for me more than you really know, even though we spent most of our lives apart from each other and only really hung out during summer breaks. But more so 3 years ago when I moved to Gainesville and you from Virginia to Gainesville. We were both going through some very tough times, and we still are to date. But I know for a fact if it wasn't for you I...honestly don't know where I'd be right now. Probably "renouncing all my possessions and moving to Nepal" as we always used to say whenever the chips were down. If it were only that easy to do, but it isn't. But here we are, once again apart from each other but due to the wonders of technology we are able to keep in touch and still strengthen our bond as cousins and friends. Nothing will ever sever this bond, and even though that goes without saying I just want you to know that. You are hands down one of the greatest people I've ever been blessed to know and I'm glad to call you my best friend. I know you know how great you are, you have the same DNA as I do and we carry that same "cocky trait" that all of us from the Williams clan do lol. But you still need to hear it from time to time, and at least you're able to keep this letter to remind yourself of how good of a person you are and the potential you have to be even greater than you are now. Sometimes we need an ego boost, and here's yours my dude. Keep your head up and know that I'm always going to be there for you no matter what. Just don't be calling my ass at 3 in the morning on some bullshit that can easily wait until at least 8. Just playing, sort of. And on that note...I'll holla Bike B.

Your Best Friend,

Chauncey

2 comments:

  1. oh word cb?! thats cool! thats whats up! LOL i kiiid i kiiid! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO this girl <3 I just had to give my cousin some props I'm ALWAYS showin you love you know this!

    ReplyDelete