Monday, May 3, 2010

My Hero-Free Verse

My Hero



Where are you when I need you the most?
I see you near, but I feel as if you're far away.
I call for your aid and it falls on deaf ears.
I'm slowly slipping away, and you don't even notice until its too late.
Your hand slips from my grip and I free fall down the cliff.
I feel the weight of the air crushing my heart and soul.
I feel the sting of the tears streaming down my face as I see the ground below me getting closer.
And closer.
I brace myself to hit rock bottom, but I don't feel the impact.
I turn and see you holding me, once again saving me from this fatal fall you have sent me on time and time again.
The air, as usual fills my body and I feel alive once more and can go on.
But this time, I am going on without you.
This time I have the strength to leave you and you no longer can catch me.
I am my own hero now and can save myself.
Thank you, and farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment