Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Best News Ever

Three days ago, I wrote and submitted a poem to a blog site that is ran by published author Olive Rosehips (I love her name) entitled "I Spy". Olive is currently accepting short fiction and poetry to be featured on her site and I was hoping to be one of those that made it. This morning I received an e-mail saying that she is going to be featuring my poem on her blog site! You can find the post here which is a link to her blog site and my poem: I SPY But that's not all. Olive is actually putting together an anthology to be released in print sometime in August...and my "I Spy" piece is actually one of the ones chosen! For those who really know me can understand how huge this is for me. I was seriously fighting back the emotion I had. This is just crazy and I'm just typing from sheer emotion right now at how excited I am to receive this honor. All day I've been holding back "The Best News Ever" and here it is if you haven't quite figured it out yet, I'm getting published! I want to personally once again thank Olive for taking the time to read my poem, let alone feature it on her site and to use in her anthology. I'm extremely humbled right now I don't even know what to say anymore. I just wanted to share this with everyone all at one time, except my brother who I woke up this morning to share the news so he knew. I have never EVER submitted any of my pieces, stories, scripts or poems to any type of contest or anything of the like. For this to happen just three days after submitting it is an obvious confidence booster and this is just the beginning and bringing me a step closer to my dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm extremely happy and excited for you :) go Chauncey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woww thats really cool. congrats i'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that awesome Crunchy!! It's a long time coming and it's just the beginning. The future looks bright my friend. Congratulations again, I'm proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea it sure has...at least 5 years of "hard" work put in and I use the word hard loosely lol. Now its your turn Matty!

    ReplyDelete